Friday, May 21, 2010

OCL Sketch Challenge #14

It's Friday & that means OCL Sketch Challenge Day! I decided to make a super bright card today using my Pretty Petals set ~ I love this set!

One of the things I really enjoy about working with clear stamps is being able to bend them into new shapes ~ like this flower stem. It is actually shown as a straight stem on the panel and that's how I've been using it. However, on my card for today, I curved it in different ways on each of the flowers. They kind of look wind blown.


For my flower buds, I colored them using 3 shades of yellow Copic markers (Y21, Y15, Y17), added some Lemon Drop Sparkly Fluff, cut them out & popped them up with Zva foam adhesive dots. And don't you just love this super bright pattern paper? It's part of the new DeLovely Collection by Cosmo Cricket.

Side Note: Did you know that on Cosmo's 6x6 paper pads they scale down the pattern especially for cards? Not all companies do that so beware when you buy their 12x12 patterns, they are much bigger (learned that the hard way).


Head on over to the OCL blog and have a look at the new challenge card ~ can't wait to see what you come up with.

Supplies from i{heart}papers: Stamps ~ Our Craft Lounge (Pretty Petals, Say it with Flowers); Pattern Paper ~ Cosmo Cricket (DeLovely); Ink ~ Palette (Noir), Copic Markers (Y15, Y17, Y21, YG95), atyou Spica glitter pens (yellow, clear); Sparkly Fluff by Our Craft Lounge (Lemon Drop); Nestabilities ~ Labels 8; Zva Foam Adhesive Dots.

9 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my word, I LOOOVE how you curved the stems to make them look windblown! Awesome close-up shot of the fluff too. Gorgeous card!

Tracey said...

This is beautiful Kendra!! I love it!! xx

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Kenda! Love how you filled out the center panel and how you colored the flowers.
Beautiful!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs and smiles

Joy said...

AAAAAACK! I loooooove this Kendra!

Deborah Anton said...

This is so great Kendra!! I LOVE IT!

Memories of Time said...

YOU ROCK my friend... I also love how you used the border punch to look like grass/the ground. LOVE IT!

Terri said...

Very cool...I love the windblow look. What a bright cheerful card.

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Such a FANTASTIC card, Kendra! LOOOOOOOOVE what you did here!

Sumtoy said...

This is totally cute. I love the colors and your take on the sketch...How cute

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs